- ACR-members are non-university research organisations
ACR-members must carry out at least one applied research project a year. Moreover, the percentage of the academic personnel of the specialised staff must be above 30%.
- ACR-members are predominantly SME-orientated
At least 60% of all orders have to be executed with regard to the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- ACR-members are strategy-orientated
Each organisation must have a strategy plan, showing the current and planned targets.
- ACR-members follow a purposeful marketing strategy and do public research
Besides strategic planning, ACR-members follow a selective marketing strategy and invest in Public Relations.
- ACR-members are organisations that have a financial statement according to the rules.
Each ACR-member must have its financial status checked by an independent Certified Public Accountant.
Organisations that are interest in becoming a member have to prove that they fulfil the ACR-criteria. Moreover, the fulfilment of the ACR-criteria is regularly being checked by means of performance criteria.